MASTER FLUID SOLUTIONS WHAMEXXT/5 Sump Cleaner Type, 5 Gallon Container Size Sump Cleaner
|Brand||MASTER FLUID SOLUTIONS|
|Container Size||5 Gallon|
|Application||Removes gummy deposits of oil, grease and swarf from machine parts and sumps.|
|Country of Origin||UNITED STATES OF AMERICA|
Machine Shop SolutionsProblem: Foamy cleaners collect residue and react poorly with additives to cause degraded fluids and shorter performance life. Solution: A low-foaming formula that doesn't react to waste treatment chemicals improves fluid life and performance.Whamex XT™ is low foam, safe, fast-acting formula that will save machine cleaning downtime while removing the residues and deposits that reduce coolant life. Made for cleaning out machine tool sumps, coolant supply lines and coolant recycling equipment, Whamex XT™ is compatible with most waste treatment (including ultrafiltration). Whamex XT™ will not degrade TRIM® metalworking fluids when used as directed.
ApplicationsRemoves gummy deposits of oil, grease and swarf from machine parts and sumps.
- A very specialized formula that quickly breaks down and lifts off insoluble scum deposits hidden in lines and difficult to reach areas - getting rid of these residues is one of the best ways to extend coolant life in your system.
- Very hard water tolerant allowing it to be effective in raw water or used coolant.
- Environmental approvals are simplified because Whamex XT™ contains no nitrites, phosphates, barium, phenols or butyl cellusolve; this formula has very low V.O.C. content and no SARA 313 reportable ingredients.
- When used as directed, this product is compatible with TRIM® brand synthetic, semi-synthetic and soluble oil coolants, as well as most competitive coolants. Will remove heavy soils from machines without affecting paints, coatings, seals, hoses or skirting, and it won't leave a slippery residue.
- Short-term corrosion inhibitors prevent flash rusting of machine surfaces and ways.
PREFERRED METHOD FOR CLEANING MACHINE TOOLS AND CENTRAL SYSTEMS
- Add 1%-3% Whamex XT™ into the machine sump and run machine as normal for at least 24 hours or more for best results. If the machine runs high pressure through-the-tool for significant amounts of time, the cleaner may cause some foam, keep a defoamer, such as Master STAGES™ DF1 or TRIM® TC 239, available during this process.
- After the Whamex XT™ has circulated for at least 24 hours, pump out the sump and remove all chips, sludge, residue and swarf. Remember to clean out overflow areas and flumes.
- Spray down the machine with a 10%-15% Whamex XT™ and water solution using The Whammer™ or a general-purpose garden sprayer. Scrub out the chips, sludge, and any other residues from all interior, exterior, tool changer areas including high-pressure sumps and filter canisters.
- When possible, pull out the sump and remove the conveyor, and clean all surfaces of the sump and conveyor including screens, covers and the pumps themselves with the 10%-15% Whamex XT™ solution. When complete remove all fluid, chips swarf, grime and sludge.
- Fill the sump with enough water to circulate the pumps and mix in 3%-5% Whamex XT™. Circulate this cleaning solution through the coolant system for 30-60 minutes.
- Replace conveyor and sump; rinse the machine with water and 1.0% TRIM® coolant for rust protection, and circulate mixture through the coolant system for 10-30 minutes.
- Pump out the rinse water as dry as possible and recharge with fresh TRIM® coolant at the designated concentration.
- After circulating for 30 minutes check the concentration and make the necessary adjustments to insure the TRIM® coolant is within the designated concentration range.
QUICK CLEANING METHOD (FOR NONCRITICAL INTERIM CLEANING)
- Add 1%-3% Whamex XT™ and circulate for 24 hours or more for best results. If the machine runs high-pressure through-the-tool for significant amounts of time, the cleaner may cause some foam, keep a defoamer, such as DF1 or TC 239, available during this process.
- Utilizing The Whammer™, scrub down the machine including the inside, tool changer, exterior and crevices.
- Remove fluid sump and chip conveyor when possible and clean out all chips and swarf (don't forget pumps, covers, high-pressure tanks and filter canisters).
- Replace conveyor and sump and rinse with 1% TRIM® coolant for 10-30 minutes.
- Remove 1% rinse fluid and recharge at specified concentration.
- Check concentration with refractometer.