NACHI 1080791 3/16" Size 135° Cobalt Screw Machine Length Stub Drill
|Drill Point Angle||135°|
|Finish Coating||Black Oxide|
|Cutting Direction||Right Hand|
|Point Sharpening Type||Split Point|
|Type||Stub Screw MachineTwist Drills|
|Drill Type||Stub Length|
|First Choice For:||Stainless Steel|
|Flute Shape||Standard Spiral, Helical Flute|
|No. of Flutes||2|
|Shank Style||Straight Shank|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Cast Iron, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||JAPAN|
Stub Length Drills for Screw Machine Applications from Nachi. Nachi Twist Drills are designed for applications where a short rigid drill is recommended. Each screw drill bit is designed with two helical flutes having 30 degrees of helix angle. This construction type goes on to offer faster chip ejection and provide stable drilling conditions. The self-centering split point goes on to further improve penetration. The drill bits have a straight shank for easy holding. Standard style drills are bright to fractional sizes 1/2 inches and under with 135 degrees point. The base material used to make the drill bit is cobalt and the cutting area is coated with bronze oxide. Nachi screw drill bits are better than Jobbers drill as it provides better rigidity in drilling harder materials. Also, shallower holes are easily drilled due to the screw bit's inherent shorter lengths. The product is available in overall length from 1-3/8 inches to 3-3/4 inches. The shorter total overall and flute length allows the product to be used in tight spaces and for portable drilling applications that require rigidity. The shorter flute length mitigates deflection, breakage, and runout. It makes it optimum to use on harder metals, alloys or even plastics. Screw machine bits from Nachi can drill holes only as deep as their flutes. Stub length screw machine drills bits are available in pack of 10 or 5. Sizes of 1/2 inch are available only as a single drill bit. Nachi is a worldwide manufacturer of innovative products: bearings, precision cutting tools, hydraulic equipment, machine tools, robots and high speed steel. All products offer unmatched quality as registered by DQS to the ISO 9001,14000 and IATF 16949 Standards.
Can be used in screw machines where short drills are required
- Low thrust design allows for easier penetration.
- Two flute design offers faster feed and larger material removal rates.
- Shorter length allows shallower holes to be drilled.
- Lower helix angle offers enhanced strength, reduced lifting, and larger chip evacuation.
- Bronze Oxide coating gives a polished finish and thus increased lubricity.
- Cobalt is harder than high-speed steel and suited for better wear resistance.
- Optimum for high tensile alloys.
- For machining operations in screw machines.
- Short lengths offer increased rigidity for machine drilling a variety of materials & alloys.
- Suited for drilling Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Cast Iron, Plastics
- Designed for machining operations in screw machines.
- Suitable to drill on various workpiece surface including Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Cast Iron, Plastics.
- Designed for hand-held manual drills and either portable or stationary machines.
- Stub screw machine twist drills in over 30 models, available in sizes 1/2 inch and under.
- Low thrust design: 135 degrees self-centering Split Point.
- Standard two flute design with spiral, helical flutes.
- Right hand (CW) cutting direction.
- Right-hand cutting, heavy-duty screw drill.
- Straight, bright-finished shank corresponds to the drill diameter.
- Stub lengths are proportional to the drill diameter.
- Cobalt base material with Bronze Oxide.
- Straight shank for universal compatibility.
- Overall length range: 1-3/8 to 3-3/4 inches.