NIAGARA N55797 5/64" Size, 1/4" LOC, 4 Flute, Solid Carbide Finishing End Mill
|No. of Flutes||4|
|Length of Cut||1/4"|
|Tool Material||Solid Carbide|
|Single or Double End||Single|
|Type||4 Flute Solid Carbide TiALN Coated Single End Mill|
|Application||For wide general purpose application range.|
|Cutting Direction||Right Hand|
|First Choice For:||Stainless Steel|
|Shank Style||Straight Shank|
|Tolerance_Cutting Diameter||+.000" / -.002"|
|Tolerance_Flute Length||+.030" / -.000"|
|Tolerance_Shank Diameter||+.0001" / -.0004"|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Hard Materials, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||UNITED STATES OF AMERICA|
4 Flute Single End Mill with Lower Helix Angle For Toughest Applications. The Niagara Cutter C430 TiAlN-coated, or Aluminum Titanium Nitride (AlTiN) carbide end mill is a general-purpose machining with four flutes design and a 30-degree helix angle. The tool's flat end creates sharp, unrounded cuts. The center-cutting design has cutting teeth at the end of the tool, thus fed into the workpiece like a drill bit. The lower 30-degree helix angle wraps slowly and provides a strong cutting angle. It is thus best used on difficult-to-machine materials. End mills have cutting edges along the outside diameter and the flutes. It is designed such that the chips are removed while cooling fluids enter easily. The end mill's four flutes give a finer finish than two flute designs. The Titanium Aluminum Nitride, TiAlN or AlTiN, trademarked coating resists heat better than other coatings, increasing tool finish and life. It further reduces the need for lubricants based on the application. The tool material made up of solid carbide (industrial steel) is harder than high-speed or cobalt steel. Solid carbide makes the tool more wear resistant at high speeds. Cutting diameter tolerance is +0.000 inch to -0.002 inch. The shank is the end of the tool and the round shank accommodates a variety of holders. The tool is available in 23 different sizes ranging from 1/32 inch to 1 inch. The overall length of C430 type single end mills are available in 7 different lengths ranging from 1 inch to 6 inches. Niagara Cutter has specialized in designing and manufacturing end mills, cutting mills and saws, since 1954. The company is based in New York and has manufacturing facilities in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. This allows the company to serve its customers in a variety of industries, especially aerospace and automotive.
- Center-cutting end mills can create three-dimensional shapes and profiles.
- Solid carbide provides for better rigidity than high-speed steel.
- Lower helix angle of 30° wraps slower and optimized for the toughest roughing applications.
- Titanium Aluminum Nitride (TiAlN) coating provides higher feeds, speeds, and tool life.
- The coating allows the tool to be used in extremely heat-resistant, high-speed applications involving wet, semi-dry to dry cutting conditions.
ApplicationsFor wide general purpose application range.
- 4-flute single end mill with Niagara micro shield TiAlN coating.
- Right hand cut, Right hand spiral, general purpose finishing end mill.
- Available in regular & long lengths with a lower helix angle (30°).
- Tool made from premium submicron carbide with 10% cobalt.
- The round shank accommodates a variety of holders.
- The spiral multi-flute design allows for a faster and smoother cutting action.
- Stock will rotate towards TiAlN coating.
- Suitable for use with wax or liquid lubricants.