PRECISION TWIST DRILL 010331 31/64" 135° Cobalt Jobbers Drill
|Brand||PRECISION TWIST DRILL|
|Drill Point Angle||135°|
|Point Sharpening Type||Split Point|
|Type||Cobalt Jobbers Length Twist Drill|
|Cutting Direction||Right Hand|
|Drill Grade||Heavy Duty|
|Drill Type||Jobbers Length|
|First Choice For:||Stainless Steel|
|Manufacturing Method||Ground From the Solid|
|No. of Flutes||2|
|Shank Style||Straight Shank|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||IMPORT|
Jobbers Length Twist Drills for heavy-duty applications. Presenting here is the R10 Cobalt series of drills from Precision Twist. Originally launched to support the micro drill market to make fuel injectors, the brand Precision Twist Drills are today available in letter, number, metric and fractional, as well as to a variety of industry standards. Precision Twist Jobbers Length Drills have longer flutes for recommended applications. Each jobbers twist drill bit is designed with two helical flutes having 30 degrees as its helix angle. This construction type goes on to offer faster chip ejection and provide stable drilling conditions. The self-centering 135-degree split point goes on to further improve penetration. The drill bits have a straight shank for easy holding. Standard style drills are available in over 40 fractional sizes of 1/2 inches and under. The base material used to make the drill bit is cobalt and the cutting area is coated with bronze oxide. Precision Twist Jobbers drills provide better rigidity in drilling harder materials. The product is available in overall length from 3/4 inch to 6 inches. The longer-spaced flutes mitigate deflection, breakage, and runout. It makes it optimum to use on harder metals and alloys. Jobbers twist drills from Precision can drill holes only as deep as their flutes. The brand Precision Twist Drill has been marking its presence in delivering quality cutting tools since 1952. Grown from the US suburbs, the brand is now a recognized general-purpose industrial manufacturing product hosting an extensive portfolio of HSS and solid carbide drills.
Suited for tougher materials such as alloys, stainless & manganese steels, etc.
- Heavy-duty, general purpose drills.
- 135° Split point design is self-centering and reduces the thrust requirements.
- Low thrust design allows for easier penetration.
- Two flute design offers faster feed and larger material removal rates.
- Lower helix angle offers enhanced strength, reduced lifting, and larger chip evacuation.
- Cobalt is harder than high-speed steel and is suited for better wear resistance.
- Optimum for high tensile alloys.
- Suitable to use with standard lubricating/cutting oils, coolant fluids.
- For most general-purpose, heavy-duty, drilling operations for tougher materials.
- Cobalt drills are well suited for heavy-duty operations in high tensile strength, low machinability, ferrous metals, and alloys.
- The 135° split point works for drilling alloy steels, manganese steels, harder stainless steels, and a variety of tough ferrous alloys.
- Can also be used for handheld applications.
- Right hand (clockwise rotation) cutting direction.
- Standard two flute design.
- Standard spiral, helical flutes.
- Manufactured from cobalt steel.
- Cylindrically ground.
- Ground from the solid.