PRECISION TWIST DRILL 040304 1/16" Size 135° Cobalt Screw Machine Length Stub Drill
|Brand||PRECISION TWIST DRILL|
|Drill Point Angle||135°|
|Cutting Direction||Right Hand|
|Point Sharpening Type||Split Point|
|Type||Cobalt Screw Machine Length Twist Drills|
|Drill Type||Screw Machine Length|
|First Choice For:||Stainless Steel|
|Qty Per Package||1|
|Shank Style||Straight Shank|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Hard Materials, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||IMPORT|
Short Flute Drills for Screw Machine Applications from Precision. Originally launched to support the micro drill market to make fuel injectors, the brand Precision Twist Drills are today available in letter, number, metric and fractional, as well as to a variety of industry standards. Precision Twist Drills are designed for applications where a short rigid drill is recommended. Each screw drill bit is designed with two helical flutes having 30 degrees as its helix angle. This construction type goes on to offer faster chip ejection and provide stable drilling conditions. The self-centering split point goes on to further improve penetration. The drill bits have a straight shank for easy holding. Standard style drills are bright to fractional sizes range: 1/16 inch thru 3/4 inch with 135 degrees point. The base material used to make the drill bit is cobalt and the cutting area is coated with bronze oxide. Precision screw drill bits are better than Jobbers drill as it provides better rigidity in drilling harder materials. Also, shallower holes are easily drilled due to the screw bit's inherent shorter lengths. The product is available in overall length from 1-5/8 inches to 5 inches. The shorter total overall and flute length allows the product to be used in tight spaces and for portable drilling applications that require rigidity. The shorter flute length mitigates deflection, breakage, and runout. It makes it optimum to use on harder metals and alloys. Screw machine bits from Precision can drill holes only as deep as their flutes. The available flute length range from 5/8 inch thru 3-1/8 inches. The brand Precision Twist Drill has been marking its presence in delivering quality cutting tools since 1952. Grown from the US suburbs, the brand is now a recognized general-purpose industrial manufacturing product hosting an extensive portfolio of HSS and solid carbide drills.
- Low thrust design allows for easier penetration.
- Two flute design offers faster feed and larger material removal rates.
- Shorter length allows shallower holes to be drilled.
- Lower helix angle offers enhanced strength, reduced lifting, and larger chip evacuation.
- Bronze Oxide coating gives a polished finish and thus increased lubricity.
- Cobalt is harder than high-speed steel and suited for better wear resistance.
- Optimum for high tensile alloys.
- For machining operations in screw machines.
- Short lengths offer increased rigidity for machine drilling a variety of materials & alloys.
- Suited for drilling steel, cast steel, cast iron, other alloyed or non-alloyed ferrous materials, and a variety of non-ferrous & non-metallic materials.
- Screw drill size range: 1/16 inch to 3/4 inch.
- Low thrust design: 135 degrees self-centering Split Point.
- 2 flute, 30-degree helix construction.
- Right-hand cutting, heavy-duty screw drill.
- Cobalt base material with Bronze Oxide.
- Straight shank for universal compatibility.
- Overall length range: 1-5/8 inches to 5 inches.
- Available in fractional sizes in a pack of 12 or 6 drill bits.
- Certain sizes (over 1/2 inch) available as a single drill bit.