PRECISION TWIST DRILL 092362 31/32" Size 118° Cobalt Silver & Deming Drill
|Brand||PRECISION TWIST DRILL|
|Type||Cobalt Silver & Deming Drills|
|Drill Point Angle||118°|
|Finish Coating||Black Oxide With Polished Flutes|
|Point Sharpening Type||Split Point|
|First Choice For:||Stainless Steel|
|No. of Flutes||2|
|Shank Style||Reduced Shank|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||IMPORT|
Choose Precision Drills for All-Purpose Applications. Precision presents its 1/2 inch reduced shank Silver & Deming Drills for applications on low and medium tensile strength materials. The drills are made from cobalt steel which offers greater applications than high-speed steel. The heavy-duty cobalt core guarantees increased strength and reduced breakage. The unique spiral flute design improves chip ejection and coolant flow to the point. 118° split-point prevents "walking" and provides aggressive cutting. All drill bits offered in this series are surface treated and appear to have a black coating. It helps in significantly reducing friction and thereby, offers higher feed rates. This makes it ideal for workpiece material made of Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic alloy, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Plastics. The lower helix angle of 30° can wrap slowly and is used in drilling hard materials including brass. C8R56Co model Silver & Deming drills from Precision are offered in over 30 different sizes of 1-1/2 inches and under. The model has a round & reduced shank to provide superior grip in heavy-duty applications. The brand Precision is from its parent company Dormer Pramet which has made a formidable presence in delivering high-quality cutting tools since 1952. Grown from the US suburbs, the brand Precision is now a recognized general-purpose industrial manufacturing product hosting an extensive portfolio of HSS and solid carbide drills, taps, countersinks, and reamers.
Can be used in electric drills and drill presses with 1/2" capacity drill chuck
- Precision drills offer better wear resistance, higher hot hardness & toughness.
- Cobalt offers less chipping which allows tools to be run 10% faster than high-speed steel.
- Good for drilling on curved surfaces.
- Black oxide coating with polished flutes offers a longer cutting life.
- Runs cooler uses less torque.
- 118° split point bit cuts more aggressively.
- Designed for heavy-duty drilling of larger holes requiring reduced diameter straight shank drills.
- Use on a wide array of materials having low and medium tensile strength ratings.
- Suitable for machining workpieces made up of Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic alloy, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Plastics.
- Made for electric drills and drill presses with 1/2 inch capacity drill chuck.
- Compatible with portable or stationary machine tools and handheld manual drills.
- Use with standard lubricating/cutting oils.
- Right hand (clockwise rotation) cutting direction.
- Standard two flute design.
- Standard spiral, helical flutes.
- All drills have reduced shanks that are 1/2" in diameter.
- Available in individual size drills or in sets.
- Manufactured from cobalt steel.
- Surface treated.
- Black and bright finishes.
- Special care should be exercised to avoid bending or shearing the reduced diameter drill shank.