TTC 10-290-321 2" Cutter Dia., 1" Hole Size 14-1/2° #1 (Industry Standard #8) Involute Style Gear Cutter
|Tool Material||High Speed Steel|
|Cutter Number||#1 (Industry Standard #8)|
|Finish Coating||Bright Finish|
|First Choice For:||Steel|
|Hardness||58 to 60 RC|
|Range of Cutter||135 to Rack|
|Type||Module Involute High Speed Steel Gear Cutter|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||IMPORT|
Many metalworking products do contain metals that are included in the latest Prop 65 warning. Exposure to the elements can be harmful. May cause cancer and reproductive harm.
- Specialty cutting tools designed for milling gears.
- For cutting the teeth to suit a special gear shape called an involute form.
- Designed as arbor mounted cutters for machine tools.
- Well suited for use in a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- For optimal performance and the best tool life the correct cutting speeds and feeds must be used and suitable lubricating/cutting oils or appropriate coolant fluids are recommended.
- Available in sets of 8 cutters to suit different numbers of teeth.
- Sized and proportioned to afford a good cutting range and ample rigidity.
- Straight form tooth design to suit the involute gear form.
- For finishing with a 14-1/2° or 20° pressure angle.
- 8 cutters are made for each module.
- Manufactured from high speed steel.
- Ground from solid.
- Straight teeth on periphery of cutters.
- Made to suit pitch diameters of 2 to 48 for either 14-1/2° or 20° pressure angle gears.
- Cutter sets can accommodate gears from 12 teeth to a rack gear.
- Bright finish.